The PanoBlenderAddon is helpfull for easy creating STL-files with BLENDER for KRPano 3D-Depthmap-Panoramas.
This is a quick introduction for the PanoBlenderAddon1.0
For newer releases read the documentation!
1. Install the Addon
- Download the panoblender.ZIP file.
- You don’t need to unpack it. Leave it zipped!
- Open Blender an go to Edit/Preferences/Addon.
- Click „Install…„, navigate to the panoblender.ZIP file, click „Install Add-on„.
- After ticking „Enable Add-on„, you will find the Addon in the „Toolbar“ by pressing the N-Key.
2. Start PanoBlenderAddon
- Open BLENDER, select everything in the 3D-View and delete it.
- Open the PanoBlender Panel and click Setup PanoScene.
- Navigate to the World Properties and load your equirectangular panorama there.
- To make the panorama visible, activate „Material Shading“ in the 3D-View.
- The „Solid Shading“ will show the Face-Orientation with blue and red colored faces.
Only the blue sides will be visible in KRpano!
3. Set Camera Height and start modelling
I recomment you, to split the view to get two different screens before start modelling.
Use one screen for the 360° Viewer, and the other to look at the whole modell with „Solid Shading“ to check the Face-Orientation.
- Set the Camera Height in the CameraLocation field at Z-Axis.
- Use the PanoRotation field, to fit the Panorama with the 3D-View.
Some tipps for modelling
- Try to use less verticies as possible, to reduce file size.
- Fill the model only with quads and triangles.
- Keep it simple! You can add more details later on.
- Sometimes it is hard to use the Gizmo-Tool, while looking through the 360°-Viewer.. Learn the BLENDER shortcuts!
4. Export the model
- Safe the BLEND-file first!
- Select the model and click the Make ExportReady button.
- Go to File/Export/STL to safe the model as STL-file.
Dont forget to tick:
- Selection only
- Apply Modifiers
5. More Panoramas
It is also possible, to build more models from different panoramas, to create a Panorama-Tour in KRpano later.
Just load in a new panorama, position the „PanoCamEmpty“ and rotate the panorama till it fits the current model as good as possible. Than correct the model and note the Rotation/Location values before(!) pressing the „Make Exportready“ button.
There is a much easier way to create Panorama-Tours with PanoBlenderAddon and KRpano.
Read the Easy-Tour-Tutorial.
Happy blending! 🙂