How to bake multiple panorama-textures at once:
- Add multiple materials
- Harmonize materials (optional)
- UV Unwrapping
- Texture Baking
- Setup the baked material and export as OBJ
01: Add multiple materials
- Add multiple Materials.
- Apply them to different selections of faces.
02: Harmonize materials (optional)
- Open the Shader-Editor.
- Add a RGB-Node between the Panorama (ImageTexture) -Node and the Emission-Node.
03: UV Unwrapping
- Select all verticies.
- Press UV/Smart-UV-Project.
- Scale the UV layout to fit it to a square image.
04: Texture Baking
- Create a new image.
- Add a new Image-Node to a material and choose the just created image.
- Copy and paste the Image-Node to each material.
- Keep sure the Image-Nodes are selected! (Check it in the Item-tab)
- Switch to Cycles-renderer, choose „Emit“ in the bake-settings and press bake.
- Dont forget to save the baked texture seperatly!
05: Setup the baked material and export as OBJ
- Delete all materials and create a new one.
- Replace the Principled- with an Emission-Shader.
- Add a new Image-Texture-Node and load the baked texture in.
- Connect the Image-Node with the Emission-Shader.
- Tick „Backface-Culling“ in the material-settings.
- Select the model and export it as OBJ.
You can download the blend-file for free, if you like. All panoramas, pano_materials and the baked_material are included (30mb).
If you like my work, support me. 🙂