The PanoBlenderAddon is helpfull for easy creating STL-files with BLENDER for KRPano 3D-Depthmap-Panoramas.
This is the documentation for the Addon.
But at first let me tell you, I am not a coder! I start learning to create Addons for Blender while I created this Addon…
The code is maybe not so clean, but it works!
The code is also OpenSource! Feel free to use and develop it on!
- Download the PanoBlenderAddon.
- You don’t need to unpack it. Leave it zipped.
- Open Blender an go to Edit/Preferences/Add-ons.
- Click Install and navigate to the panoblender.zip file.
- You will find the PanpBlender Panel in the „Tool Bar“ by pressing the N-Key in the 3D-View.
Important: If you have an older PanoBlenderAddon installed, uninstall AND remove it first, as shown in this video!
- Click the Setup PanoScene button to start your session with PanoBlenderAddon.
What it does:
- It adds a camera setup for use as 360° viewer
- It adds a plane with a „Triangulate Modifier“ and a material („PanoMAT“) to start modelling with it.
- It adds a World setup („PanoWorld“).
- It sets some usefull viewport settings to the current window.
Where to load in the panoramas:
Load the panorama to the Material Settings (PanoMAT).
Load the panorama to the World Settings (PanoWorld).
- Set the Camera Height here.
- Rotate the panorama to fit with the 3D-View.
- SyncTexture: Synchronize backgound-panorama and PanoMat texture.
360° Viewer Panel:
- Toggle 360° Viewer. Keep mousewheel pressed and drag to look around.
- Zoom slider
Here you can set some usefull viewport settings quickly. At start, everything is activated by default. Normaly there is no need to change something here. But it can be helpfull, if you want to setup a new window.
- Face Orientation: To show the Face Orientation in EditMode with blue and red. Only the blue sides will be visible in KRpano!
- Wireframe: To overlay a Wireframe in ObjectMode.
- Show Emptys: Uncheck it to hide all Emptys.
- Background: Uncheck it to hide the panorama in the background.
Some helpfull tools to prepare and clean up the model.
- Flip Normals: To correct faces, if they are shown in wrong direction. (Must be blue!)
- Merge Verticies: Helpfull to clean up the model to reduce file size. (Alt)+(M)
KRpano Values Panel:
- It shows the Blender-coordinates corecctly translatet to the KRpano values (Everything is multiplied by 100; Z-axis and Y-axis reversed).
- Print: Press the button to print a preformed xml.code to the system console.
<style name="Style_Pano_01" prealign="-0.0|-0.0|-0.0" ox="0.0" oy="0.0" oz="0.0" linkedscene="Scene_Pano_01" /> <style name="Style_Pano_02" prealign="-0.0|2.8042|0.0" ox="-422.51" oy="0.0" oz="-682.52" linkedscene="Scene_Pano_02" /> <style name="Style_Pano_03" prealign="-0.0|-6.9373|0.0" ox="-938.46" oy="0.0" oz="-260.01" linkedscene="Scene_Pano_03" />
Select the model and click Make Exportready to prepare the model for using with KRpano.
What it does
- Set the origin to cameralocation
- Set location to 0/0/0
- Set same rotation as PanoRotation
- Apply rotation, location and scale
- Reset PanoRotation
Now you can export the model as STL file! (Dont forget to tick Ascii, Selection Only and Apply Modifiers)